Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Problem Solving Resource for Florida's Next Generation Sunshine State Standards

I just came across this wonderful resource for problem solving that meets current Florida Standards! I can't wait to use these problems with my kiddos as the school year comes to an end. I will make the questions game like to keep the kids actively engaged. I usually give one question at a time to each team, they all solve it and I call on a team to answer (I go from team to team) if they get the question correct they get a point (one point for each smiley face the question is worth). If the answer is incorrect I open the question to any of the other teams. It is simple and the kids really enjoy it.

Check out the link - there is problem solving questions for grades k-5!!!

http://www.cdnportfolio.net/smileyfacemath/

 ONLY 3 WEEKS LEFT!!! I LOVE teaching, but I am ready for a little break :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment