Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Finally Finished my room!!!!!!





 The king and queen of the day are my daily helpers- I add index cards with student names and we rotate them daily. My king and queen do any jobs needed for the day - so simple!

 I found these great magnets at Lakeshore Learning - perfect for our daily objectives!




 My vocabulary words will go here and once we have used them and really know them they will graduate to the next cabinet door leaving space for lots of new words!

 Thank you Beth Newingham!!! Teachers everywhere are so thankful to all your resources! Every time we read a book we will be adding the title to the cabinet with the matching genre. I plan on doing this through December and then in January changing over to themes.

 Our mailboxes, turn in tray, clipboards, and some book boxes



 Here is my little teaching area

 Now I am thinking I should have made my 'RULES' expectations instead... Looks like something else to add to my list...

 Ready for meet the teacher night!


 Once our large star fills up with tiny stars (that match of course!) they earn a crazy sock day! They get to take off their shoes and I bring in a little treat - kids love sock days - such a great reward that does not cost a thing. I am ready for my first sock day- I found some socks that look like a pencil!

 My variation on the clip chart - I probably should have role model on top of you rock - oh well... too much to do than to worry about that :-)

 I am going to try and start CHAMPS this year - not sure how consistent I will be with this one but I will give it a try - I figure at the very least I will use it a lot the first few weeks and then fade it out (to be brought back later as needed).


 Love this! I got this from a friend and have used it ever since - all I have to say is "show me HALL" and they know what to do!

 I just made this on Friday - every time we learn a new problem solving strategy we will list it here - now that I think about it I should make one for reading too!




 My guided reading table



 I am going to try team bins for manipulatives this year - each team has their own bin with various manipulatives that they can choose from for problem solving!


WOW! Preplanning is such a LONG week - but I love it (most of it anyway). So the first day of school is Tuesday with meet the teacher on Monday night, now I have a few hours to relax and then check and double check everything is ready to go for week one!

No comments:

Post a Comment